Level 2 Diploma in Restaurant Hospitality Management
Sink your teeth into an exciting course that will ensure you can manage a restaurant with ease. If you are hungry for the opportunity to progress within the hospitality sector, and think it’s about time you moved up the ranks and become a manager of a restaurant, this online course could be the perfect option for you. Study around your current commitments and give yourself some desirable academic experience, which would look impressive on any hospitality CV.
Set over 21 bite-sized modules, this online course will ensure you learn all there is to know about restaurant management, from customer service and licensing laws to staff management and upselling strategies. Taking an average of 12 to 15 hours to complete, the course is ideal for anyone who already works in, or is hoping to make the transition to, the hospitality industry – particularly those who dream of managing their own restaurant.
Fulfilling, Rewarding and Insightful
Whatever type of restaurant you’ve set your sights on, you can learn how to manage every aspect with our course. Manage the day-to-day running of a successful establishment and learn how to fulfil the role of a restaurant manager. It’s not an easy career, but it can be exceptionally rewarding. There’ll be no kitchen nightmares with you in charge, on completion of this course!
Key Learning Points
Perfect for anyone wishing to work towards becoming a restaurant manager, this course does not require any particular experience or qualifications. All you need is a strong drive and desire to work in the hospitality industry, and a determination to succeed.
- Get to grips with the function of a restaurant’s Front of House, including the individual roles and responsibilities, and the vital importance of the restaurant manager.
- Learn about some of the different types, and layouts, of restaurants and eating establishments, and recognise how your management style would need to be adjusted to suit.
- Understand the importance of high standards with regards to customer service, and how these standards can be achieved and exceeded.
- Learn how to deal with customer complaints effectively.
- Get to know the drinks and food that are often served, from how to serve certain drinks, to food allergies and ingredient information.
- Gain insight into the relevant licensing laws, particularly the legal requirement for age verification.
- Recognise some of the popular checklists that are enforced in a restaurant setting, and how these can be monitored to ensure everything runs like clockwork.
- Learn more about the importance of health and safety – from front of house to kitchen.
- Memorise some of the popular restaurant terminology that you will encounter during your time as a restaurant manager.
- Acknowledge the importance of staff training, and learn how to write useable manuals and employee handbooks.
Advantages of this course
- Courseware is accessible on, and compatible with, a number of devices, as long as you have an active internet connection.
- Study online at times that suit you – there are no deadlines, no time constraints and you have access to the course for 12 months.
- Online support is available if needed.
- Multiple choice assessment marks the end of the course – pass this and you have your course completion certification!
- Certificate can be ready to download immediately after the successful completion of the final assessment.
- Help yourself to successfully manage a restaurant, whether it’s a 5* fine dining establishment or a busy gastropub.
- Move forward within your current hospitality role and head straight for the dizzy heights of management!
Add a restaurant management diploma to your menu of qualifications, by signing up to this comprehensive course, today!
Salary range chart
Career path Chart
- How to provide the best possible customer service at all times.
- How the way you dress affects how you are perceived.
- How to be professional even when the customer is being awkward.
- How to look at your body language and understand how you come across.
- How the restaurant manager deals with the business side of the restaurant.
- How the manager deals with the front-of-house.
- How the manager deals with the general housekeeping.
- How the manager has to contend with customer issues.
- The different types of dining establishments.
- How this changes your management style.
- How to deal with different restaurant layouts.
- How to divide staff to cope with the layout.
- How to meet and greet customers.
- How to take reservations.
- How to correctly seat people.
- How to take their orders.
- How to address the customer with their initial complaint.
- A step by step guide on how to handle the situation.
- How you must act on a personal level to address their issues.
- How to adequately resolve the situation.
- The basics of different drinks.
- Which wine works best with which food.
- How to serve drinks correctly.
- How to give advice on drinks to customers.
- Understanding the menu.
- Dealing with starters.
- Dealing with meat dishes.
- Dealing with fish dishes.
- The importance of the laws.
- The need for an age verification process.
- How to ask for ID.
- The age verification laws.
- The areas where excellence is required.
- How to take guests into consideration.
- Dealing with feedback.
- Announcing the changes that have been made.
- The importance of checklists.
- Where checklists should be used.
- What should appear in them.
- Who should be in charge of individual areas.
- Why teamwork is important.
- How to build a good team.
- How to hire the correct staff.
- How to create a positive working environment.
- The basics of the health and safety laws.
- How they apply to the restaurant.
- What to do when an incident occurs.
- What to do after an incident.
- To learn about different bacteria that cause food poisoning
- To understand the importance of restaurant sanitisation
- To learn how to keep food safe in storage
- To understand how to write a health and safety policy
- To learn about the different inspections that a restaurant may undergo
- To learn about the inspection process
- To learn about what to expect from the inspection process
- To understand the restaurant's obligations to comply with inspection results
- To understand the basics of POS systems
- To learn about POS system features
- To learn about the latest POS technology
- To understand how to choose a POS system for a restaurant
- To learn about hiring staff and management
- To learn about training employees
- To learn about writing an employee handbook
- To learn about creating an employee uniform
- To learn how to research a menu
- To learn basic guidelines for putting together a menu
- To understand the importance of being able to engineer a menu
- To learn how to price a menu correctly
- To learn about how to create a restaurant budget
- To learn how to cut food costs
- To understand how energy costs affect a restaurant's profits
- To learn about leasing restaurant equipment
- How cats communicate with scents
- To understand the importance of having a comprehensive understanding of the menu
- To understand the importance of taking social cues when upselling products
- To learn about different types of upselling strategies
- To understand why entertainment and music licensing is necessary
- To learn about the different licensing agencies
- To understand entertainment and music licensing laws
- To learn about when you require licensing for live entertainment
- To understand how to find your brand's purpose
- To know what goes into a restaurant brand
- To learn how to create a mission statement for a restaurant
- To learn how to promote a restaurant to the masses
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad