Basics in Business
There are few things more satisfying than running your own business. Working for yourself and reaping all the benefits of that hard work is the ultimate goal for many, but for that to become a reality it is clear that preparation and good business skills are essential.
What Will I Learn?
The Business Basics Diploma will equip you with the entry-level skills that you need to get that business idea off the ground, from forming your business plan to growing your business in a sensible, controlled way. It will give you a good grasp of basic business skills for the very best chance of success.
Who Is It For?
This course has no entry requirements, making it suitable for every ambitious business-minded individual, regardless of qualifications or prior experience. It can also be a great asset to those looking to progress a career in business, whether working for themselves or for someone else.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through 16 bite-sized modules to complete your Business Basics Diploma and start your journey into the exciting world of business.
- Start at the beginning! Look at where to begin when setting up a business and how to generate ideas.
- Cover the basics of a good business plan.
- Learn how to research your business and identify a target market.
- Understand branding and look at examples.
- Discover how to set attainable goals and how to tackle any issues.
- Look at the various options with financing.
- Understand the basics of accounting and bookkeeping, including cash flow and budgeting.
- Look at how to deal with invoices and payments.
- Read about the importance of marketing and using social media to your advantage.
- Study the issues surrounding staffing including recruitment, management, training and motivation.
- Gain an understanding of the legalities surrounding running a business and the key issues.
- Learn about dealing with tax and how to make your life easier when it comes to this aspect of running a business.
- Move on to dealing with insurance, looking at the main types of business insurance and why you need it.
- Discover how technology can improve your business and how to keep on top of technology without overpaying.
- Study the importance of business ethics and how they apply in business.
- Understand the importance of having a website, how to get the right website for your business and how to market your website effectively.
- Finish with a module on growing your business and moving forward, when you’re ready and in a controlled manner.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- 12 months access to this course is included, so you can refer to the materials whenever you feel you need to.
- There’s no rush to complete the 8 – 10 hours of study time required. Fit the 16 modules around your other commitments with ease.
- Course is approved by the CPD Certification Service and IVCAS, so you can have confidence in the materials.
- No entry requirements make this an ideal course for anyone with an interest in business, whether that’s starting your own business or pursuing a business career.
- Start your business learning journey immediately after making payment.
- Learn all you need to know to get your business idea off to a flying start and give it the best chance of success.
Defy statistics and give your business the very best chance of success with this Business Basics Diploma.
- Where to begin when starting your business
- How to generate potential ideas
- The personal qualities that you need to run a successful business
- The reasons for a business plan
- The importance of the business plan
- What is generally included in a plan
- How to start your very own plan
- How to start your research into your potential business
- Sources you can use in order to conduct that research
- How to identify your target market
- What we mean by branding
- How branding applies to your business
- How to go about branding your company
- Examples of branding and how effective it is
- What we mean by goals
- How to set attainable goals
- How it fits in with your business plan
- How to tackle issues related to goal setting
- The role of financing
- The different options available when it comes to financing
- How to know how much money you need
- What do you give in return for the financing?
- The basics of accounting and bookkeeping
- What we mean by cash flow
- How to budget for things in your business
- How to deal with invoices and payments
- Why marketing even on a small budget is a good idea
- How to market on that small budget
- Key strategies to take into consideration
- How to take advantage of social media
- How to find the perfect staff
- How to manage staff correctly
- The importance of training them correctly
- How to keep them motivated
- The key legal issues for everybody
- The importance of doing things in the correct manner
- How to deal with issues related to these legalities
- How to get the best advice on dealing with tax
- The main kinds of tax you will have to deal with
- What happens if you do not deal with it correctly?
- How to make life easier for yourself with tax
- The main types of business insurance
- Why you need it
- How to know what applies to you
- The cost of not having the correct insurance
- How technology can improve your business
- How to know you have the correct technology for your business
- How to avoid overpaying
- The importance of keeping on top of technology
- The meaning of business ethics
- How it applies to your business
- The difference it makes to how you operate and are perceived
- The importance of having a website
- What to include on your website
- How to get the website that your business needs
- How to market your website
- How to know when you are ready to grow your business
- How to do it in a controlled manner
- The potential pitfalls of growing your business
- Dealing with the future
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad