Free Employability & Skills programme with the British Gas Energy Trust (EC112526)
This unique programme is designed to give students all the knowhow to become a strong candidate for any job, but also providing an additional set of courses and qualifications allowing the student to pick a specialisation from a wide range of industries and subjects. It is the ultimate employability and skills programme.
A choice of courses
The programme is separated into two buckets and a bonus bucket. The first bucket of courses focuses on core employability training which anyone looking for a job, or wanting to progress their career should have an understanding of, these are designed to help you stand out from the crowd.
Our second bucket provides a huge range of options allowing you to have a choice of specialisations. If you are not quite sure about what industry, what subject or what qualification you want to commit to, then the second bucket provides you with a vast range of options and flexibility.
Key Learning Points
Students get two buckets and a bonus bucket to choose courses from, depending on their individual learning needs. They can choose any one course from Bucket One and any two courses from Bucket Two. Finally they will be given the CV Builder course from the Bonus Bucket.
Employability Bonus (Mandatory), which consists of the following:
- CV-Builder - Create a CV that you can be proud of with this interactive tool that can help you with format, content and job-specific resumes that will impress prospective employers in food-related industries.
Employability Core Skills (Select 1): Choose any 1 course from Bucket One, which consists of the following:
- Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses – Complete this course and you will have a basic understanding of seven computing tasks that you may deal with routinely in the workplace, including using the Internet, emails, file management systems and Office skills. An ideal foundation in administration for those running a food, catering or hospitality based business.
- Microsoft Excel 2013 – Build your spreadsheet skills by gaining valuable knowledge of how to get the most out of this popular Microsoft application, including macros, statistics and formulaic functions. Great for keeping track of those business sales and expenses.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Learn how to use this popular email application, from the simplest processes to more advanced functions like mail merges and virtual business cards.
- Microsoft Word 2013 – Create documents that are professional, with top quality formatting, with the help of this course, and cover some more complex functions to boost your Word skills.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Build professional presentations that reflect basic to advanced skills by learning the functions of the latest version of this popular application.
- Sales Diploma – This course is a perfect springboard for anyone wishing to work within the sales and marketing industry. As there are no entry requirements to speak of, it would be perfect for all prospective candidates, irrespective of how little experience in the field that they have had.
- Complete Business Essentials Diploma – This course would be ideal for anyone considering joining the world of business, whether you’re just out of school or hoping for a complete career change. It would particularly suit individuals who wish to start their own business, or become self-employed.
- Customer Service Diploma – The Customer Service Diploma course will learn about the role of agents in the modern business, and how to develop the soft skills required to deal with clients in the most challenging circumstances.
- Salesforce – This course would be ideal for any user, or prospective user, of Salesforce. This CRM is perfect for small businesses and larger enterprises alike, and this online course will ensure a comprehensive understanding of its elements in no time at all.
Employability Specialisation Skills (Select 2): Choose TWO course from Bucket Two, which can be any from a huge list of courses listed in the section below.
Advantages of this course
- Study online whenever it is convenient to do so. Course material is available every day of the year, at any time of the day.
- Courseware is compatible with a number of different browsers, operating systems and devices, so you’re not tied down to learn in one spot.
- Our technical support team is on hand if you struggle using the courseware at any time.
- Build a tailor-made package to suit your individual learning requirements from our broad selection of courses that can help you on your way to career or business success.
- Boost your employability in a range of industries, or gain the skills and qualifications you need to run your own business.
- Give prospective employers an easy reason to appoint you, with a CV that reflects your new skills and abilities and will help you rise above your competition!
This package includes
Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses
Microsoft Excel 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2013
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Microsoft Word 2013
Salesforce - Training Course (Introduction & Intermediate Level)
Accounting and Bookkeeping, Essential Skills Course
Bicycle Maintenance Course
DIY Home Improvement & Maintenance
Introduction to Agile Project Management
Introduction to ITIL®
Introduction to MSP® Programme Management
World-renowned Andy Harrington’s Public Speaking Masterclass
Introduction to PRINCE2® Project Management