Level 2 Make Up Diploma
Make up your mind to lay the foundations you need for a career in makeup artistry, thanks to this fabulous Make Up Diploma. Learn how to become a top-rated makeup artist and show off your creative flair, with this series of engaging and hands-on modules that will help you to hone your talents in no time.
Creativity Equals Success
MUAs are in high demand, and there will always be a need for them, regardless of the industry in which you dream of working. Whether it’s wedding make up that you wish to follow, or you have a love for stage make up and special effects, your dreams can start here! If you have a flair for creativity and would love to learn more about the various techniques and products that are available to utilise, signing up to this course would be ideal.
Twenty-Two Manageable Modules
Skin is a blank canvas, and with the 20 hours of syllabus, including over an hour of instructional videos, you can learn how to create a masterpiece each and every time. The course is broken down into 22 easy-to-navigate modules, which take between 10 and 80 minutes to complete, depending on the content. Ranging from makeup application to corrective techniques, you will have plenty to learn, culminating in a multiple-choice assessment. Upon completion, the make-up world is your oyster!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
There are no entry requirements to enrol on this course – you simply need the drive and determination to learn and progress. This course is perfectly suited to aspiring makeup artists (employed or self-employed), who need a solid foundation on which to build their portfolio.
- Take a look at an overview of what beauty and makeup artistry is, including the psychology behind makeup use and modern makeup trends that you may see in the industry.
- Touch upon the history of makeup, including the use of cosmetics in ancient times and the evolution of makeup through the ages.
- Understand what the role of a beauty MUA is, what they do and what their job entails.
- Get to grips with the anatomy of the skin, and the various products and techniques that can help to improve any skin problems that exist.
- Recognise good products and brushes, and understand the need for good quality tools. Learn how to use makeup brushes correctly and understand the importance of density, length and brush shape.
- Gain insight into various makeup products, their purpose, their application and how to choose the correct product for the job, including foundation, eye makeup (including eyeliner, lash building techniques and brow grooming), cheek colour and lip colour.
- Understand how to use corrective makeup and what tools are essential for the job.
- Learn more about makeup for TV, film and magazines, including how to emphasise features, character makeup and how to modify makeup for different lighting.
- Learn how to match makeup with hair styles, and how you should choose makeup based on hair colour. Understand the importance of good communication between MUA and hair stylist.
- Appreciate the importance of different makeup for different seasons, and how to maintain radiant skin whatever the weather.
- Touch upon more advanced techniques such as contouring.
- Take a look at salon management, including how to advertise your business and manage your finances successfully.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Courseware is compatible with a range of devices and browsers, so you can learn wherever you like.
- Available around the clock, 365 days a year – there’s no pressure, no deadlines and plenty of time to work through the syllabus.
- Engaging instructional videos help you to learn by doing – watch the videos and absorb the information before practicing on a willing model!
- 12 months access to the course – make use of future updates without having to pay another penny!
- Receive an end of course completion certificate, which can be added to your portfolio to show prospective employers and clients.
- In less than 20 hours, you can gain all the training you need to start your career as a MUA.
If you’ve had dreams of becoming a successful makeup artist, your journey starts here! Signup today!
Salary range chart
- Overview of beauty and make-up artistry
- About Lips, Eyes, Lashes and Skin
- Psychology behind the use of make-up
- Modern make-up artistry trends
- History of make-up
- Cosmetics in ancient times
- Timeline of events in the evolution of make-up
- Make-up and feminists
- What a beauty make-up artist does
- You will learn what this career entails
- Identify with the career path sample guide
- Working conditions for make-up artists
- The skin's anatomy
- Function of the skin
- Skin care products and techniques
- What you can do to improve your client's skin problems
- Tools that make-up artists use
- How to identify a good brush
- How to care for your brushes
- How to choose the right ones for various applications
- A more detailed account of how to use make-up artist brushes
- Identify what qualities to look for in brushes
- Know the importance of density, length and shape of the brush
- Tips for effective application
- Knowing how to choose the right foundation
- Know about tinted moisturisers
- Identify what other products you will need
- Applying the foundation
- How to use corrective make-up
- Tips for corrective make-up applications
- Essential tools
- How to use various products
- Various make-up styles
- How to decide on an angle
- Daytime looks
- Night-time looks
- How to apply eye make-up
- Different eye shapes and how to correct them
- Get to know common eye make-up mistakes
- List of eye make-up tools you cannot be caught without
- Techniques on how to apply eyeliner
- Identify the common eyeliner styles and how to accomplish them
- Learn the most common eyeliner mistakes
- Eyeliner types and how to use them
- How to groom the eyebrows
- Benefits of eyebrow grooming
- The biggest mistakes you can make
- How to fix problems when grooming brows
- How to add fake lashes into your looks
- How to apply fake lashes
- What you need to know about false lashes
- Common application mistakes and how to fix them
- How to apply cheek colour
- What you need to know about cheek colour
- Types of blush and when to use them
- Cheek colour based on facial shape
- How to apply lip colour
- Tips for lip colour application
- Benefits of using lip colour
- Common mistakes when applying lip colour
- About current beauty trends
- List of the most commonly used beauty trends right now
- Information on lip trends
- What is currently being used for eyes
- About various types of make-up that can be used in television, film, and magazines
- Overview of basic make-up
- How to emphasise features
- Character make-up - what you need to know
- How to match make-up and hair
- Types of looks
- Make-up based on hair colour
- Working with hair stylists
- Maintaining radiant skin
- Important steps
- Essential tips and advice
- Essential vitamins and minerals for radiant skin
- Make-up for the summer
- Make-up for winter
- Tips for identifying your client's season and applying make-up accordingly
- Latest season trends
- About advanced techniques of make-up application
- Some useful tips you can rely on
- Step-by-step guide to contouring
- Essential eye techniques
- Managing your salon
- Tips for working with product companies
- Money management
- About Health and Safety
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad