Level 2 Waxing Diploma
Whether you’re an established beautician who needs to master waxing skills, or completely new to the beauty industry, this comprehensive online IVCAS-approved course will teach you everything you need to know about how to become a skilled and in-demand waxing professional.
Whether it’s legs, bikini, eyebrows or another area, waxing is a hugely popular hair removal method with women and increasingly men too. However, because it’s not the easiest task to achieve at home, many people prefer to put their trust in an expert who will deliver the professional results they require, both efficiently and with a minimum of pain. This course will guide you through all you need to know to become your local go-to waxing guru.
What Will I Learn?
There’s more to learning to wax than meets the eye. The 25 modules that make up the 15-20 hours of course content introduce you to the subject before taking you through all the essentials including different hair removal methods, health, hygiene and safety legislation, preparation, aftercare and much more. And because you study online, you can choose to study at a time that fits around your work and family commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This step-by-step online guide leaves no stone unturned when it comes to learning to put the wow factor into waxing.
- The introduction deals with what hair actually is, the causes of unwanted hair and the pros and cons of waxing.
- Next, get to grips with types of hair, the anatomy of hair, purposes of having hair and what stimulates and kills hair.
- Find out about different hair removal methods and the benefits and disadvantages of each method, including which methods are best for different areas of the body.
- Master the skills you will need to complete a proper client consultation and find out why ailments could cause a contraindication.
- Learn about the crucial area of health, hygiene and safety legislation, including how to identify risks and hazards, before moving on to professional ethics and how to keep accurate client records.
- Get to grips with the all-important area of your professional image.
- Find out how to prepare your products, equipment and the client.
- Get an insight into materials required including the different types of waxes.
- Gain confidence with the safety precautions essential when using wax.
- Learn about the function of the skin and different skin conditions.
- Find out why sanitation and sanitisation are crucial.
- Learn about preparing the equipment for application, the application process, techniques and how to wax successfully.
- Learn how to wax the face, above the lip, chin, eyebrows, underarms, arms, chest, upper and lower legs, back and the bikini area.
- Move on to the aftercare procedure.
- Finally, find out about dos and don’ts and how to cope when things don’t go to plan.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study at a time and place that suits you, on all your devices.
- Once you sign up, you can enjoy 12 months access to the course, meaning it’s easy to revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- While gaining practical experience is also advisable, this course gives a great grounding in the subject of waxing.
- Take the exam included in the course and print out your course completion certificate to prove your new-found waxing skills.
- Enjoy technical support if you run into any problems.
- Become confident and competent in this much in-demand skill that you can put into practise either as an employee in a beauty salon or as head of your own small business.
Sign up to the Waxing Diploma today as the first part of your journey in a fabulous and flexible new career in waxing.
- What is hair?
- Causes of unwanted hair
- Benefits of waxing
- Disadvantages of waxing
- Types of hair
- Anatomy of hair
- Purposes of having hair
- What kills and what stimulates the hair?
- Identifying various hair removal methods
- Basic process for each method
- The benefits and disadvantages of each method
- What areas of the body are best for using the different techniques
- How to conduct a proper client consultation
- What you should ask your clients during the consultation
- What a sample consultation form looks like
- Why ailments cause a contra-indication
- Health and Safety Policy
- Proper procedures for care
- Information and Training
- How to identify risks and hazards
- How to behave ethically as a professional in this industry
- How to keep accurate and up to date client records
- How to develop a professional environment
- How to record income and expenses
- Dress code
- Personal hygiene
- Conduct at work
- Setting up your salon
- Prepare various products
- Setting up of equipment
- Preparing the clients
- Written materials
- About the different types of waxes
- Types and sizes of waxing strips
- Type and uses for spatulas
- About the advantages of disposable products
- Precautions that one should take when waxing clients
- Useful tips to take advantage of
- Avoiding unwelcome side effects
- What to do if problems occur
- Function of the skin
- How to use this information
- How skin conditions can affect your services
- Different skin conditions
- Why sanitation and sanitization is so important
- Proper sanitation practices
- Waxing procedures
- Why this is so important for your client
- Preparing the equipment for application
- The application process
- Tips to help you wax successfully
- How to wax the face
- How to choose the right wax
- How to create a pattern
- Useful hints and tips
- How to wax above the lip
- Waxing side of lips
- Tips for effective upper lip waxing
- Advice for daily maintenance
- Methods for waxing the chin
- Important things to remember
- How to wax the chin and neck
- Things to watch out for
- How to wax eyebrows
- Eyebrow design procedures
- Advice for daily maintenance
- Useful tips
- How to wax underarms
- Preparing the underarm area for waxing
- How to deal with dark underarms
- Tips to achieve the best results
- How to wax the arms
- How to create a plan
- After-care for waxing arms
- How to wax the chest
- Step by step procedures to follow
- Useful tips
- After care procedures
- How to wax above the legs and knees
- The method for waxing the upper part of the leg
- The method for waxing the lower part of the leg
- The method for waxing the knee
- How to properly wax your client's back
- How to prepare for the appointment
- How to prevent damage
- How to soothe your client's pain after the procedure
- How to wax the bikini area
- Information about the most popular styles
- Preparing your client
- Essential tips and advice
- Treating the client after a procedure
- Waxing after care alternatives
- What to inform your client
- Setting up an effective after care plan
- Essential Do's when waxing
- Things you should never do to achieve best results
- What you should do when things don't go like they are planned
- Dealing with clients effectively who won't follow protocol
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad